Wherever we are, the basic and most exciting thing for us is to enjoy delicious food with our lovers. For camping, the most wonderful thing I can imagine is to make easy camping meals for family.
Even they are the most common food material, when they are made and eaten in the nature, the taste will also be unique for you. So there is totally no need to make complicated and difficult meals. They are not the best camping meals. Easy camping meals dinnerwith iced beer couldn’t be nicer.
Tips for Easy Camping Meals
- Make what you are best at.
- Wash and cut the basic food material ahead.
- Use the local food material.
- Try the best to reduce the waste of food.
- Make a checklist of the food material.
Let’s start the fire, make simple camping meals, and enjoy the great camping trip with your kids!
1. Roast Chicken
Roast chicken is very popular in the best camping meals.And it is one of the best Dutch oven meals camping.
Many campers will ask how to roast a chicken. It is because the roast chicken is one of the one pot camping meals, so it is very easy to make. Besides, the taste for the roast chicken is too nice to forget. Now, let’s find out how to roast a chicken.
Materials: chicken, potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, pimentos, garlic, salt, pepper,lemon.
Roast Chicken Recipes:
- Clean the Dutch Oven with the vegetables. And heat it ahead.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper on your clean chicken.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces. Then put them into the chicken with the garlic.
- Cut the carrots, pimentos, pumpkin, lemon into pieces.
- Put the chickens into the Dutch Oven.
- Heat the pot with the charcoal for 1.5-2 hours.
Notes for Cooking Roast Chicken: If you are not familiar with the Dutch Oven, you need to check the situation of your roast chicken during the cooking. Sometimes, the water may be boiled too little.
2. Fried Pepper Steak
To make easy camping meals for large groups, just making roast chicken is not enough. You can make some pan fried steak.
It looks a bit difficult, however, we can use some simple materials to finish fried steaks. They will be also very delicious in the taste.
Materials: beef tenderloin, onions, green onions, steak sauce, tomato sauce, salt, pepper.
Fried Pepper Steak Recipes:
- Heat the pan ahead before the cooking.
- Clean the onion and green onion. Cut them into slices. However, the size of the onion and green onion should not be too small.
- Put beef tenderloin, onions and green onions into the heated pan. Then sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- If one side of the steak appears some gravy, it means this side is done. Then we can turn it over to fry the other side of the steak. And sprinkle some salt and pepper as well.
- When both the two sides of the steak is well done. You can cut the steak into small pieces. And pour the steak sauce and potato sauce following the proportion of 2:1.
- Stir the steak pieces and sauces fully.
3. Bento Box
What is a bento box? It is one kind of fast and convenient camping meal. There is some rice and dishes in the box. It is just like the box lunch.
Bento box is kind of Japanese culture. Many moms in the past time made the bento before the kid’s going to school in the morning. And the kids took the bento box together to the school for lunch.
Time for Cooking: 25 minutes.
Materials for 2 Persons: 2 bowls of rice, 200 g ham, 3 eggs, a big spoon of cooking oil, 80 g pickles, sesame oil, salt.
Bento Box Recipes:
- Cut the ham to small slices.
- Beat one egg in the bowl, and mix them with the ham slices.
- Fry the ham slices with egg in the pan.
- Fry the other 2 eggs on the pan.
- Put rice into the box. The rice should take the 2/3 size of the box. Make the fried egg on the surface of the rice.
- Put the ham and pickles in the rest room of the box.
Cooking Tips for Making Bento Box: You need to buy some pickles in advance before your camping trip.
Is it your bento box in your memory when you were young? It is mixed with the taste of the moms. I believe it must be a great and easy camping meals for kids.
4. Lunch Meat Rice
What food to take camping? Why not try the simple meals cooked over a camping stove? Lunch meat rice will be a nice choice, if you want to enjoy quick and easy camping meals.
Time for Cooking: 20 minutes.
Materials for 2 Persons: a half of green peppers, one half of onions, 200 g lunch meat, 1/4 pickles, 2 eggs, a big spoon of olive oil, 2 bowls of rice.
Recipes of Lunch Meat Rice:
- Cut the food materials green peppers, onions, pickles and lunch meat into pieces.
- Pour some olive oil into the pan, and heat it.
- Fry the 2 eggs.
- Put some olive oil into the pan again, cook the green pepper, onion, pickles, and lunch meat.
- Make the rice on the one side of the plate. The other side of the plate is for the cooked lunch meat and the vegetables.
Cooking Notes for the Lunch Meat Rice: There may be many food materials left, such as pickles and vegetables.
You can full use them to make easy vegetarian camping meals. They will be good camping meals for a crowd. And you will not waste the food as well.
5. Sweet and Spicy Saute Lean Pork
If you want to eat quick and easy camping meals, and you also want to enjoy the taste of meat, saute pork meat may be nice for you.
Time for cooking: 35 minutes.
Materials for 2 Persons: 600 g pork ( It will be better to cut it into thin slices), 2 onions, 1/4 cabbages, 1/4 green garlic, chilli sauce, 2 spoons of chopped garlic, a big spoon of white sugar, one big spoon of sesame oil.
Recipes of Sweet and Spicy Saute Lean Pork:
- Cut the onions to the slices. The size for the cabbages is better to be about 4 cm long, 1 cm wide. And the green garlic need to be cut into shreds.
- Mix the chilli sauce, chopped garlic, white sugar, sesame oil together.
- Make these food materials stirred evenly in the mixed sauce.
- Pack the stirred materials with plastic wrap. And put it into your portable camping refrigerator for freezing for 30 minutes.
- Get it out from the portable camping refrigerator.
- Saute it with middle level fire until cooked.
Cooking Tips for the Saute Lean Pork: This meal is welcomed by the old and the young, because of the unique taste, sweet and spicy. You need to buy superior pork. And make these food materials prepared in the refrigerator one day before you go camping.
6. Tuna Porridge
Tuna porridge is also very hot among the checklist of meals to make while camping. It is full of nutrition and tastes good.
Time for Making Tuna Porridge: 20 minutes.
Materials for 2 Persons: 1 box of canned tuna (50 g), 1/4 vegetable marrows, 1/6 carrots, 1/4 onions, 1 bowl of rice, 1 spoon of cooking oil, 3 cups of water, some salt.
Recipes for Tuna Porridge:
- Cut the vegetable marrows, carrots, onions into pieces.
- Get off the grease of the tuna, then chopped the tuna.
- Put some cooking oil in the pan, or you can put some sesame oil instead.
- Put the vegetable marrows, carrots, onions into the pan. And saute them.
- After several minutes, pour 3 cups of water into the pan. Boil these food materials for about 5 minutes.
- Get the rice and the tuna into the pan, after the soup is boiled.
- Boil them with moderate heat until they boil again.
- Put some salt into the porridge, according to your own taste.
Cook Tips for Tuna Porridge: The recipes of making tuna porridge is the most simple one. Tuna is very tasty. It can open your appetite big with the porridge. You can also cook the tuna porridge as the breakfast while camping.
7. Vegetarian Patties
Vegetarian patty is healthy for you, as the easy meals while camping.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
Materials for 2 Persons: flour, 1/6 carrots, 1/4 vegetable marrows, 1/4 onions, 2 big spoons of cooking oil, 4 big spoons of white sugar.
Recipes of Vegetarian Patties:
- Chop the carrots, vegetable marrows, and onions.
- Mix the flour and the chopped vegetables together.
- Pour water into the mixed flour and chopped vegetables. Stir them fully. Then roll balls of dough.
- Circle these balls and press these dough balls in the shape of a patty.
- Put some sugar in the center of the patty dough. Make the dough surround the white sugar.
- Press these doughs into thinner patty shape dough.
- Heat the pan, and pour some cooking oil. Put these patty shape dough in the pan.
- Fry the patty 1-2 minutes each side.
Cook Tips for Vegetarian Cookies: It is very important to have the right heat for the patties, or these patties will be easy to be burnt.
8. Tortilla Roll Ups
After introducing the vegetable patties, let’s talk about how to make flour tortilla roll ups. It is one of the simple meals for camping.
Materials: corn niblets, compressed beef, tomatoes, onions, chillis, lettuces, jalapenos, cheeses, flour roll, salsa, olive oil.
Recipes for Making Flour Tortilla Wraps:
- Cut the tomatoes, onions, chillis into right pieces. And cut lettuces, cheeses into rod-like shapes.
- Heat the pan. And pour some olive oil.
- Put corn niblets, compressed beef, tomatoes, onions, chillis, lettuces, jalapenos, cheeses, salsa into the flour tortilla.
- Roll the flour tortilla. Please do not put too much into the tortilla, or the vegetables and salsa may overflow.
- Fry the folded flour tortilla wraps.
9. Tuna Salad
Tuna salad is the best food to take camping no cooking. It is the top one as the easy food for camping, among the camping food checklist.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
Materials for 2 Persons: 1/4 cabbages, 10 cherry tomatoes, 1 box of canned tuna, cooking oil, white vinegar.
Tuna Salad Recipes:
- Clean the cabbages and cherry tomatoes. Then air them.
- Tear the cabbage ball to pieces. And cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Put them on the plate.
- Open the canned tuna. Clean the grease of the tuna. Then put them on the plate.
- Add some cooking oil and white vinegar, according to your own taste.
Cook Tips for Tuna Salad: Please clean the cabbages and cherry tomatoes before camping, which can save a lot of time to make tuna salad. Canned tuna is very convenient to carry and wonderful in the taste. And it will be an excellent choice as one of the cold meals for camping.
10. Roast Potatoes
Tuna salad is the food for camping without cooking. Let’s see some roast food.
Potatoes are common in our daily life, but they own great nutrition. Roast potatoes can be chosen as one type of easy camping meals for two. Actually, there is no skill required when you are cooking roast potatoes. It is exactly easy and simple.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Materials for 2 Persons: 2 potatoes, chopped vanilla, a big spoon of cooking oil.
Roast Potatoes Recipes:
- Clean the surface of the potatoes. Boil them in the Dutch Oven.
- Cut the boiled potatoes to pieces. Sprinkle the chopped vanilla.
- Put these potatoes in the pan for roasting. Please do not use the big heat.
Cooking Tips: Because we seldom peel off the potatoes, it is very necessary to clean them carefully. And when you are roasting the potatoes in the pan, note the heat. Too big heat will be burnt.
11. Foil Roast Sweet Potatoes
The cost of roast potatoes is cheap. Let’s try other cheap meals for camping! Foil roasts sweet potatoes.
Foil roast sweet potatoes are also a good method for you, if you are going to do the easy camping meals outdoor cooking. It belongs to easy foil camping meals. The recipes for it is very simple.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
Materials for 2 Persons: 2 sweet potatoes, several pieces of foil.
Recipes of Roast Sweet Potatoes:
- Pack the sweet potatoes with foil. Roast them on the stove for about 15-20 minutes.
- Just open the foils to eat your roast sweet potatoes.
- There is no need to make some dealing with sweet potatoes bought from the supermarket. When you are going to roast, just pack them with the foil.
- When you are using the stove to roast, please wait until the fire of the stove turns small, so that your roasted sweet potatoes will be palatable.
- In general, the cooking time for roasting sweet potatoes is about 15-20 minutes. You could poke the sweet potatoes to check if the sweet potatoes are cooked in the process of roasting.
12. Fruit Waffles
After introducing the BBQ meals for camping, let’s try some dessert, fruit waffles.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
Materials for 2 Persons: 500 g Waffle flour, butter, 1/4 bottles of cream, 50 g chocolate sauce, 4 strawberries, one half of an banana.
Recipes of Fruit Waffles:
- Pour some water into the Waffle flour. And stir them evenly.
- Heat the Waffle Machine. Paint the butter on the machine.
- Pour the Waffle paste into the Waffle Machine. And close the cover of the machine. Roast both sides of the Waffle paste, 5 minutes each side.
- Cut the strawberries and bananas. Put the cream, chocolate sauce, strawberries and bananas on the Waffle.
- If you can’t find strawberries in the supermarket, you can try the other kinds of fruit instead.
- The paste should not be put too much in the machine, which may lead the cooking time longer. However, the long time of cooking may make the Waffle easy to be burnt.
13. Instant Noodles Box
Someone may think all the above meals for camping are still not quick enough, they want the fast meals for camping out. Instant noodles can satisfy them. Besides, it is one of the easy and cheap camping meals.
Cooking Time: 4 minutes.
Materials for Two Persons: 900 ml water, 2 bags of instant noodles, some green onions.
Recipes for Instant Noodles:
- Put some water in your box. And put the box on the stove for boiling.
- After the water is boiled, add the instant noodles with the green onions.
Cook Tips: It is perfect to enjoy your instant noodles, and talk with your friends, when you are surrounded by the green trees and the twitter of lovely birds.
14. Takoyaki Octopus Balls
We can usually see the octopus balls in the street. It is also a good meal if you are planning to do the best meals to make camping.
Materials: fried powder, octopus, cabbages, eggs, edible seaweed, smoked tuna, mayonnaise, pork sauce, salt, cooking oil.
Recipes for Octopus Balls:
- Clean the cabbages. And cut them into shreds.
- Mix fried powder, egg, shred cabbages, salt and water into paste. It is better to make the paste dilute.
- Boil the octopus. Then cut the cooked octopus into small pieces.
- Put the oil into the Octopus Ball Pan, and heat it.
- When the pan gets hot, add the paste to each hole.
- After the below sides of the pastes are cooked, you could add the cut octopus.
- Turn over the octopus balls.
- Paint some pork sauce, mayonnaise, smoked tuna, edible seaweed, after the balls are cooked. Then your octopus balls are done.
Cooking Tips: When you are going to make octopus balls, you need to buy the professional octopus ball pan. You can find cheap octopus ball pan online.
15. Pickle Patties
As one of the good meals to cook while camping, pickle cookies play well in it. Only with fried powder, pickles, and any other kinds o vegetables, could you make tasty pickle patties easily.
Materials for Pickle Patties: pickles, fried powder, onions, green onions, pepper, cooking oil, sauces.
Recipes of Pickle Patties:
- Cut the pickle and these vegetables into small pieces.
- Pour water into the fried powder. Adjust the concentration of the paste, not too thin, nor too thick.
- Mix the pickles, onions, green onions, peppers with the paste. And stir the paste evenly. Then add some sauces, according to your own taste.
- Heat the pan, and add some cooking oil.
- Put the paste into the pan. Fry both two sides of the patty to the cooked state.
16. Fish Tofu Soup
When I was young, I usually ate fish tofu at the school gate. Fish tofu is very popular no matter in the past or nowadays. It is also be welcomed by the campers.
Materials of Fish Tofu Soup: fish tofu, spotted crab, shrimp, radishes, green onions, green pepper, kelp, anchovy.
Recipes of Fish Tofu Soup:
- Cut the carrots and onions into pieces.
- Boil the spotted crab, shrimp, radish, onion, kelp, anchovy in the Dutch Oven.
- When the water starts to boil, add some green onions, pepper, and the fish tofu.
- Boil the soup till the fish tofu turns soft.
What food to bring for camping? I believe you must be very confident of making great meals for camping now. However, what drinks can I make for camping? Sangria.
What is Sangria? Sangria is made by the red wine and some sweet fruit. Just put some sweet fruit into the red wine. This kind of drink is not as strong as the red wine, but it will calm you down and make you eased and happy. Even the common red wine can also make superior Sangria.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Materials for Sangria: oranges, lemons, apples, green grapes, red wine, soda, sugar.
Recipes of Sangria:
- Peel off the oranges, lemons and apples. Then cut them into small pieces.
- Put these fruits in one clean bottle. Then pour into the red wine and soda under the proportion of 3:1 or 4:1. You can change the soda with Sprite.
- Add some sugar into the bottle.
- Cover the lid of the bottle, to make the fruits fermented. So that the red wine will be immersed with the smell of the sweet fruit.
How romantic it will be, when I imagine the scene where friends and I are enchanted in the sweet Sangria under the Tarpaulin, and enjoyed the beautiful rainy drops.
Are you ready to eat meals for camping? Now let’s just do it!